Our Transport teams ensure that the Western Power Distribution fleet operation is on the road 24/7, 365 days a year. That means taking responsibility for safety, ensuring legal compliance and delivering it all cost-effectively.
In this role you will be helping to ensure that the vehicle fleet is operating in the most cost effective and efficient manner possible through helping to keep vehicle downtime to a minimum. Your responsibilities will include:-
* Day to day management of own workload including liaising with customers
* Routine maintenance of all vehicles, including heavy goods
* Repairing and maintaining plant trailers and ancillary equipment
* Arranging repairs and maintenance with contracted suppliers
* Preparing and presenting vehicles for annual testing
* Road testing and diagnosing vehicle faults
You should have the ability to work well by yourself and within a team environment, possess appropriate City & Guilds Motor Vehicle certificate and have at least 2 years’ experience as a fully trained mechanic. You should also possess a valid LGV (Class C minimum) driving licence.
Good numeracy and literacy skills are also essential.